Saturday, June 6, 2009

2 pair facing weird line against unknown

I just sat down at the table, and only have like 8 hands against villain, so I am wondering what to do on this turn. When I was playing I thought that there would be enough A high flush draws that would take this line after pairing up, and went with it. It just such a weird line that I don't really know what to put him on, what do you guys think?

$0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
Hand Converted at CardRunners.com

MP3: $50 (100 bb)
CO: $8.50 (17 bb)
Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
SB: $40 (80 bb)
BB: $50 (100 bb)
UTG+1: $26.40 (52.8 bb)
MP1: $63.35 (126.7 bb)
MP2: $52.25 (104.5 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with A 7
5 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 2 7 T (2 players)
BB bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10

Turn: ($9.45) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $7.50, BB raises to $22.50, Hero raises to $45.40 and is all-in, BB calls $22.90 and is all-in

River: ($100.25) 7 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

4 comments:

  1. I think I would probably play this the same way. I would guess he would have some sort of Ax type hand, a FD, or maybe a set. Either way, once we hit the Ace, I would rather just put it AI on the turn, rather than let them draw with their FDs and possible SDs for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what do you think, if you add all those AJ+ type hands my equity is huge against his range, but what do you think about just a flopped nut flush draw? Then picking up a pair of aces, would that take this line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. since he is unknown we can't really know what he leads the flop with. Maybe tp/fd/set. Once he checks he has to assume you are going to follow up with this ace turn like 100 percent. So he probably is hoping to have Aj+, etc. in this spot. I can see a person taking villains like with A10 or a tricky played set. Also he he has Aj+ he may have stabbed the flop and turned an ace and went nuts.

    ReplyDelete