Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Click it back?

Reg 272 hands 23/11/2 Fold to 3 bet 33 percent. I am starting to think this is not the ideal candidate to be 3 betting since I am going to be oop when he calls with a hand that could get me in some trouble.


Seat 1: UTG ($)
Seat 2:
UTG+1 ($20.25)
Seat 3:
MP1 ($50)
Seat 4:
MP2 ($80.55)
Seat 5:
MP3 ($12)
Seat 6:
CO ($47.95)

Seat 7: Button ($50.45)

Seat 8: SB ($42.65)

Seat 9: ($50.85)
Dealt to BB


Preflop: (Pot: $0.75)

FOLD UTG+1
FOLD MP2
FOLD MP3
FOLD CO
RAISE Button, to $1.75
FOLD SB
RAISE BB, to $6
CALL Button, $4.25

Flop: (Pot: $12.25)


CHECK BB (What are your thoughts here. Do you like a lead? What does our lead accomplish? I guess it would not be a terrible thing to just take this pot down now.

BET Button, $5 ( hmmmm
. Possibly he flat called with a big pair but his range is very wide when he is calling 3 bets so he could he could be trying to stab take it down w/ Aq, AJ, KQ, 33's, etc. What do you think in this spot of min clicking it back? He will jam if he has the nuts and I can take it down when he stabs with all those hands mentioned. I also discourage him from seeing the turn with Ax, etc. )

1 comment:

  1. Ugghhh, I really don't like the 3bet pre. What are you trying to accomplish by 3betting this hand preflop OOP, against a villain that only folds to 30% of 3bets?

    FWIW, the only time that I am 3betting in this spot is if villain's steal percentage is over 40% and he's folding to at least 65% of 3bets. Otherwise it's going to be really tough to show a profit 3betting OOP.

    So here is what I have started doing against players like this. I just go ahead and flat the raise preflop, and lead like 75% of flops. Players have started adjusting much better to light 3bets, so that is why I am taking this line. It costs about the same as a 3bet pre, and you also get the chance to hit a flop with a hand that has a ton of equity.

    On the other hand I will be 3betting this villain in position like 15% of the time, because it will be next to impossible for him to play 70% of his opening range profitably to a 3bet OOP. Position in 3bet pots is insanely important, that's why I basically never 3bet light OOP. A strategy that Fooz advocates in one of his recent vids.

    ReplyDelete