Saturday, July 4, 2009

Did I spew here, or just get royaly owned?

Villain is a solid/winning reg and plays a pretty aggro 18/15/4 style. All the limpers are loose-passive fish, so I call with good implied odds and expect callers behind. I think villian's hand is pretty face up on the turn and I have just about the right amount to shove. I think he has to fold most of his range, but he calls with a hand I expect him to fold like 95%. WTF?

Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

Seat 1: Villain 1 ($203.45) -
Seat 2: Hero ($200) -
Seat 3: Villain 2 ($109.20)
Seat 4: Villain 3 ($186.60)
Seat 6: Villain 4 ($100)
Seat 7: Villain 5 ($174.40)
Seat 8: Villain 6 ($236.65)
Seat 9: Villain 7 ($201.95) -


PRE-FLOP:

Villain 1 posts small blind $0.50
Hero posts BIG blind $1
Dealt To: Hero


FOLD Villain 2
CALL Villain 3 ($1)
CALL Villain 5 ($1)
CALL Villain 6 ($1)
FOLD Villain 7
RAISE Villain 1 ($8)
CALL Hero ($7)
FOLD Villain 3
FOLD Villain 5
CALL Villain 6 ($7)


FLOP:

Pot: $26


BET Villain 1 ($18)
CALL Hero ($18)
FOLD Villain 6


TURN:

Pot: $62


BET Villain 1 ($40)
RAISE Hero ($174)
CALL Villain 1 ($134)


RIVER:

Pot: $410




SHOWDOWN:
Hero:

Villain 1:


Villain 1 collected $407 from main pot with two pair, Kings and Fives

SUMMARY:
Total pot: $407 Rake: $

Final Board:




Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

3 comments:

  1. I think villain played the hand pretty bad myself. I think his call has to be -EV in this spot, therefore I like your play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you flat a set on this board?

    I wouldn't think so given how dangerous the board is, so when you make this turn raise he may realize that you're range is very polarized. Basically the only thing he assumes that you flat on this board are the nut flush.

    I think that raising the flop is much better since it is super scary given that you have a player behind he is going to assume that you are at the top end of your range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ: I don't think the villain necessarily played the hand terrible. Hero's flat call on the flop as Jeff mentioned really polarizes hero's range. If Villain has any sense of hand ranges and hand reading vs. our turn loving aggressive opponent :) this maybe a call vs. our hero.

    Schlucky1:
    I don't feel 100 percent comfortable with figuring out Sklansky Dollars and Galfond Dollars but I assume working these calculations out would allow you to figure out the profit or lack of on this shove.

    ReplyDelete