Monday, May 4, 2009

How to play an over pair after getting c/r'd on a dry board?!?!

So someone is going to have to show me why my hands don't come up as links, but oh well this works for now I hope.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?4193321

If the link doesn't work I just basically have AA on K59r flop and get c/r'd by a 19/15/3 reg and then he 3/4 pots a blank turn... WTF???

So I am just basically asking this to hear what your guys general theory is in this spot against a competent aggressive player, just basically a good reg. I just seem to get very lost in this spot every time that it happens, so I would very much like a good rule of thumb.

Is there any point that I should get away from this hand, maybe call turn and muck river? I dunno it just seems pretty gross, when I'm playing an aggressive competent player, especially since I usually have a pretty aggro image myself.

2 comments:

  1. I like a call on the flop and fold on the turn. If villain is bluffing on the flop, he will most likely shut down if called. Also, if he just has a strong K, he will probably slow down.

    If you have an aggro image, I would think a lot of TAG regs would be inclined to take passive lines with TPGK-type hands. This lets you do the betting, which is what they expect.

    Therefore, I think these c/r flop, bet turn lines on dry boards are almost always very strong hands or bluffs. I would lead towards very strong hands w/o history, which is why I don't mind just folding to a strong turn bet often here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like a call on the flop and fold to a turn bet. Schlucky1 nailed it by stating your image. I am sure people can't wait to flop a set against you and see an A/K on the board!

    ReplyDelete